kobo books help
kobo books help
Nowadays, people are not much interested in buying & reading manual books as they consume large spaces and are hard to maintain. That is why ebook readers like Kobo have become very famous. It allows you to access more than 6 million ebooks available in the kobo library. But sometimes, this e-reader does not work as it is supposed to be and starts to give you several problems like kobo e-reader books not showing, kobo books not syncing, and many more. This article will talk about how to fix the books related problems on your kobo device and get kobo books help.
Kobo Books not opening
You might have seen that despite tapping on ebooks repeatedly, it doesn’t open. These ebooks don’t open because of bugs & technical glitches in them. If you are facing the same problem while opening the books on your kobo. Then, there is no need to panic because I will tell you the best way below to fix the “Kobo Books not opening” issue.
- Delete the books that are not opening on your kobo ereader.
- Now open the Adobe Digital Editions on your computer and check if you could open those books on it.
- If the “kobo books not opening” problem still persists, then follow the next steps.
- Connect your Kobo e-reader to the computer.
- Now, Delete the permission credentials from Adobe Digital Editions & your Kobo ebook reader. You can simply do so from the “Help” menu of the ADE (Adobe digital editions).
- Do not disconnect your “kobo” e-reader.
- After that, you need to quickly open the public library page and download a new ebook.
- Upload that book to ADE (Adobe digital editions).
- When you go on to upload that book. Then, Adobe will ask you for permission by default.
- But if it doesn’t show any pop-up for permission, Then, you have to manually grant it authorization from the “help” menu mentioned on its top corner and regrant the permission to access the book.
- Make sure to not regrant the permission to the Kobo ebook reader from the ADE main menu bar.
- Now, you have to move the book to your kobo device by clicking on the “E-reader” option.
- We advise you, not to opt for any other options like “borrowed items” etc.
- Now try to open that book in the e-reader prompt.
- If it opens up without any hassles, then it is supposed to open on your Kobo e-reader.
- After that, upload all the books you deleted to ADE, as they were not opening earlier on your kobo e-reader device.
- Now click on the “E-reader” option on ADE and see if the books are opening or not.
- Lastly, you have to disconnect kobo from your computer. You will have to check if the books are opening on it again without any problem.
Kobo books missing from the library
Have you ever faced the “kobo books missing from the library” problem on your kobo device? In this issue, the downloaded books no longer remain in the library of your kobo e-reader. You can simply fix this issue by, repairing your Kobo ebook reader account. If you are still unable to find the books in your kobo device’s library. Then your books might have been automatically removed by the virus scanner, or you may have deleted them mistakably. If you see your “kobo books missing from the library”. Then, follow the below-mentioned steps to restore those missing books.
- First, try to repair your account on the Kobo.
- You can repair your account by going to the home page of your kobo e-reader.
- Now, Find the three-line bar ( main menu) at the bottom and click on it.
- After that, Go to its “Settings” and click on the “Device Information” option.
- Now choose the “repair” choice and select the “repair now” option from the dialogue box.
- Now check if those missing books are available on the “my books” option.
- If you still see the “kobo books missing from the library” message on your kobo ereader.
- Then you should try to sign out and sign in again to your kobo account.
- You have to also ensure that you are opening the correct kobo account.
- If the problem is still not fixed. Then, it means, you might have deleted the books. So to restore them, follow the next steps.
Restore the deleted books
- Visit the official Kobo website (kobo.com).
- Now, log in to your kobo account using the correct login credentials.
- If you are logging in from your computer, Then, go to the top right corner and select the”my account” option.
- Now, From the topdown list, click on the “my books” option.
- If you are logging in from your smartphone, Then, tap on the three-line ( main menu ) bar you see on the top left corner.
- There, click on the “my account” option. There, you will find the “my books” option in the first line. Click on that.
- Select the books you want to “restore”.
- Lastly, choose the “add to My Books” option & check if you see those missing books back in the”my books” list.
Also Read : Kobo troubleshooting
Kobo books not syncing
Kobo ebooks are compatible with both computers and mobile phones, You can read these books on different devices. If your kobo account is not synced with the kobo e-reader. Then, you will not be able to access the books, and you will start to face the “kobo books not syncing” problem. Here I will tell you how you can sync your Kobo account to the computer.
- You need to download the ebooks you have installed or bought on Kobo e-reader.
- Check for the newer version of the software and update it accordingly. If your kobo device is not synced properly. Then you may face the “Kobo books not downloading” problem as well.
- Download and install the desktop version of the Kobo app.
- Open your kobo ebook reader & try connecting it to the computer via USB cable.
- Now, Click on the “connect” option.
- After that, open the Kobo desktop app on your computer.
- After that, log in to your kobo account using the correct and accurate login credentials.
- Click on the “sync” icon to turn on the auto-syncing. It will sync your kobo e-reader device and update it with the latest software version.
- Now click on the “Eject” option to disconnect your e-reader from your computer. It will properly synchronize your device and make it up to date.
- If you want to sync your ebook reader with a WiFi network. Then, you have to open its home page, click on the “sync” sign, and tap on the “sync now” option.
- If your kobo is connected to WiFi, Then, the kobo application will download the updated books automatically & add them to the “my books” list.
- If your kobo device is not connected to WiFi but you have already provided it to the wifi network. Then, it will automatically access the network and start “syncing”. If your kobo is not in the signal range of your wifi network. Then, it will start to search for network connectivity.
- Lastly, just like that, you can resolve the “kobo books not syncing” issue from your kobo e-reader.
If you are still facing these problems, Then, it means, your kobo device might be damaged or it is using a corrupt app version. So try out the steps we have mentioned above in this article. Sometimes, restarting, logging out, and logging in to your Kobo account, turning off, resynchronizing your kobo account with the devices, deleting and installing the books fixes the unexpected technical glitches on your kobo e-reader device. So go through this article carefully or click on the live chat option of kobo support above if you need any kind of kobo books help.
The important article you should also read: Kobo factory reset